Bromley is a childminder-led Agency

This means that the council deals directly with the childminder for anything related to funded hours. The relationship is between the childminder and the local council. This means that:

  1. You would usually need to reach out to the council to get set up

  2. An account is made for you on the online portal

  3. You are responsible for adding funded children onto the portal

  4. All payments are made directly to you

What you need to do to get set up for funded hours

After you are registered as a childminder, we pass your details on to the council. They should then reach out to you to then organise some training. They would also ask if you would like to be set up for funding. In this case, you would just reply to them requesting to be set up.

However, if you have not received an email from the council asking if you want to be set up to offer funded hours, please follow the steps below:

  1. Send the below email template to [email protected]

  2. An email will be sent to you with a few documents to complete.

  3. Once you have completed and returned the documents to the council, a ‘provider portal’ login will be created for you. You can use the portal to claim funded hours' payments.

Template email

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a newly Koru Kids registered childminder. Koru Kids have been in contact with your team and have provided all the details needed to be registered in your borough and operate as a childminder.

I would like to be able to accept funded hours payments for children aged 3 and 4 year olds including both the 15 hours and the ‘extended’ 30 hours.

Could you please tell me how i can get these done?

Kind Regards

Did this answer your question?